Yam has a way of satisfying your appetite since it is starchy and heavy at the same time. After eating a late of yam, you can stay for up to 8 or more hours without feeling hungry immediately, yam has so many rich advantages and it is an energy giving food, you can easily bake yam if don’t want to cook or fry them in oil. Yams can be prepared in different forms, some of the easy and simple yam recipes include: yam coated with egg, yam and beans porridge, boiled yam and egg sauce, etc. Yam is a great rich carbohydrate dish which can be served as dessert, finger food, snacks or as street food, if you‘ve never love yam in your life, maybe after following this method, you will start developing love for this rich staple.
I bring to you yam porridge prepared in tomato sauce today. Yam porridge with tomatoes, is another version of making yam porridge without palm oil, the yam is immersed in tomato sauce hence the reddish colour, if you have been looking for alternative to yam recipe without palm oil, here is how to make it.
Ingredients for yam porridge in tomato sauce
• 1 kg of yam tuber
• 4 medium sized dried catfish
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 1 handful leafy vegetable
• 5 large red tomatoes
• 1 medium onion
• 3 red bell peppers
• 2 medium carrots
• 1 green pepper
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 3 cloves of garlic, optional
• 3 stock cubes
• 1 cup ground crayfish
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• Salt to taste
Steps on how to prepare yam porridge with tomatoes
1. Peel yam and cut into smaller cubes, rinse severally in clean water into a wide pot.
2. Add water or chicken stock to be at the same level and place on a stovetop.
3. Dress all the vegetables (onion, carrots, peppers and green leaves) and combine tomatoes and bell peppers to blend into a smooth
4. Before the content starts to boil, add crayfish, onion, salt, 2 stock cubes and then the dried fish and stir.
5. While the yam is simmering, bring a pan on heat, add 3 tablespoons of peanut oil
6. Add onion and garlic to and sauté, add the tomato mix, carrot and green peppers, stir the content from time to time as it fries.
7. Season the sauce with 1 stock cube, salt, thyme, a little pepper and stir well
8. Transfer the sauce into the yam on the other pot and mix it properly to incorporate.
9. Add some chopped green vegetables and stir properly, leave the content to cook for few minutes on low heat.
10. Yam porridge in tomato sauce is ready, serve it warm.
*if you are reading a story, please click on the
*arrow*below to move over to the next page.
If you see only comments on the new page,
click the *arrow*again and again/
**Available episode links of any story can also be found on page (1) of the story. just check ⬅ 1 below ....